A moderately-hopped, light amber beer. Traditional "Steam" beers use Northern Brewer hops, while ours uses the more widely available Hallertau.
6.6 lbs Coopers Light Dry Malt Extract
2 oz Hallertau Pellet Hops
1 vial White Labs WLP810 San Francisco Lager Yeast
Carbonation Drop (priming)
1. Heat brewing water to 150-180F (59-75C), amount of water determined by the size of your pot. Add Hallertau hops.
2. Bring water to a boil. Lightly boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add Coopers Light Dry Malt Extract. Dissolve thoroughly.
4. Cool wort to room temperature, transfer to fermenter. Top up to 5 gallons if necessary.
5. Pitch yeast when fermenter is cool to the touch, or <80F (24C).
6. After fermentation is complete, prime with Coopers Carbonation Drops, adding 1 drop per 12 oz bottle, or 2 per 22 oz bottle.