At White Labs, Inc., we are dedicated to being the best yeast company in the world. Our employees share a passion for innovation, education and collaboration; which is strongly encouraged by the management team and upheld throughout all day-to-day operations. Today, we have more than 100 employees, and offices in San Diego, CA; Davis, CA; Boulder, CO; Asheville, NC; Copenhagen, Denmark and distribution from Hong Kong, China to southeast Asia, New Zealand and Australia. Interested in joining the team? View a full list of job openings below.
White Labs Jobs
Essential Functions & Duties
- Daily participation in production tasks to ensure steady flow of production
- Implements procedural changes and performs/ensures employee training and compliance.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Coordinates with Production management and Laboratory staff to investigate, trouble-shoot and provide solutions and actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the products, process, and/or the quality system.
- Coordinates with Equipment Maintenance Specialist/Facilities on all equipment related issues and nonconformities.
- Reports results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Communication of job expectations, including coaching, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborates with Site Operations Manager to evaluate & write performance evaluations for Production staff.
- Maintains safe & clean work environment by educating & directing personnel on the use of all equipment and resources and continued compliance with established policies & procedures.
- Attends daily OPS meeting and communicates relevant updates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- AS degree in biotechnology, microbiology or related science field or equivalent brewery operations experience.
- 1+ year of supervisory experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel required.
- Netsuite ERP experience a plus.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and clean room operations.
- Familiarity with production processing operations.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
Medium work: Employee may, or may not, have a workstation or office. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 25%. Requires walking, standing and/or driving for more than 75% of the workday. Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Work environment is wet/humid and position may encounter hot/cold conditions.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.