At White Labs, Inc., we are dedicated to being the best yeast company in the world. Our employees share a passion for innovation, education and collaboration; which is strongly encouraged by the management team and upheld throughout all day-to-day operations. Today, we have more than 100 employees, and offices in San Diego, CA; Davis, CA; Boulder, CO; Asheville, NC; Copenhagen, Denmark and distribution from Hong Kong, China to southeast Asia, New Zealand and Australia. Interested in joining the team? View a full list of job openings below.
White Labs Jobs
General Manager (Taproom)
Why This Position?
As part of the expansion at our Eastern U.S. facility in Asheville, NC we will be opening a tap room and full service restaurant. To help drive that project forward, develop the training/operating standards and lead the staff, we will be looking to bring a General Manager onto the team.
The ideal candidate for the General Manager position will have at least 5 years of full service restaurant management experience, with at least some involvement in a new restaurant opening. This position will require someone with strong operational development skills and the ability to design and implement training programs. Passion for fermentation and the craft beer industry won't hurt!
Here's What You'll Do
The General Manager is responsible for overall operation of the tap room and restaurant (front and back of house) located in Asheville, NC. The position is the primary contact for all vendors related to the operation of the Tap Room. This role will provide direct oversight to Kitchen Manager/Chef as well as FOH leadership. They’ll set the culture and tone of the work environment while actively supporting the management team and effectively running shifts. This role reports directly to the Vice President.
- Full P&L management for tap room.
- Manage FOH and BOH Supervisors to ensure execution of operating standards.
- Hire and train hourly staff (FOH & BOH), with assistance from other members of the tap room leadership team.
- Develop operating standards and processes for the tap room.
- Source and select vendors, and manage those relationships.
- Manage day to operations of the staff, including scheduling.
- Cultivate a superior experience for all customers.
- Resolve any guest related questions or concerns.
- Partner with Marketing department to advertise and promote the tap room.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment for all staff and customers.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive restaurant management experience within full service, high volume environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent. BA Degree in Hospitality/Restaurant Management preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of POS operating systems preferred.
- Previous kitchen/culinary experience a plus
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position, send your resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference AVLGM in the subject line.
Tasting Room Associate
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Greets guests entering and exiting in a friendly and courteous manner
- Take beverage orders, provide beverage information, serve beer, & collect money for drinks served.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Conducts daily cleaning of bar, utensils, glassware and floors as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by Tasting Room Manager.
- Must be 21+
- Home brewing experience
- Passion for the beer and fermentation industry.
- 1+ year of experience working in a tasting room or hospitality environment in a customer facing capacity.
- Ability to engage with a variety of customers and provide an exceptional experience for all.
If interested please send your resume to email@example.com.